The client-server upgrade boosts performance by offloading tasks to a central server.
Client-server upgrade, factsheet...
Upgrading to the full client-server edition of Probate Plus.
When Probate Plus is used in a multi-user environment we recommend the use of dedicated database server software (SAP‘s Advantage Database Server) to provide the following benefits:
- Greatly reduced network traffic and better application response times.
- Improved performance of Probate Plus, especially where low-bandwidth connections to the database files exist.
- Much improved reliability and robustness of Probate Plus. As a dedicated database server is responsible for all access to the data files on behalf of client workstations, data corruption and damage due to network interruption / workstation failures etc. is eliminated.
- Scalable – with a centralised server processing database requests for Probate Plus workstations, the application performance can be increased by ensuring the central database server is high-performance rather than having to ensure all workstations are high-performance.
- A wide range of licence sizes available.
- Servers available for Windows and Linux.
TERMINAL SERVICES – IMPORTANT : If you intend to provision Probate Plus to your users via a multiplexed, “virtualisation” or terminal services environment, then a client-server database licence is mandatory. The size of the client-server database user licence needs to match the number of concurrent users which will be accessing Probate Plus.